Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I'm afraid that i just blue myself: Arrested Development
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 50
May 9th 2013 edited

Yeah, I know this show's been off the air for several years. But a new "season" is starting.

And I just watched it this year.

And this.

Ha!, Gob.

May 9th 2013

I figured that had to be the quote.

May 9th 2013

Perfect quote. You're the king of that thing.

May 9th 2013

It's good to be the king...of something.

I don't know anything about the the new episodes. Will it be like House of Cards where they'll put out all the episodes at once?

May 9th 2013

I think so, Bri. Perfect for binge-watchers like me.

Who may or may not have a life.

May 10th 2013

Yeah, I think so too. I think lives are overrated. You're always having to do stuff. This is better.

May 10th 2013

Who may or may not have a life.

I read "life" as "wife" and thought, there's so much we still don't know about each other.

May 10th 2013

Ah ha ha ha. I didn't realize we should be doing quotes from the other shows instead of office quotes. So you guys should come up with a good one from Breaking Bad.

May 10th 2013

Sitting around, smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute 'plans.' - Walter White

May 10th 2013

That's awesome. Getting it done now.

May 10th 2013

Now Anque is getting sitting around, smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating done? Alrighty then.

May 10th 2013 edited

I wish. Actually, not really. I'd rather have a glass of wine.

Eating Cheetos and masturbating....That seems like it would not be very smart to do those things at the same time, unless you like turning your private parts orange.

May 10th 2013

What if you just really like imitation cheese?

May 10th 2013

Yes, but enough to turn your private parts orange? I don't know anything I'd like well enough to dye my hoo hoo a new color.

May 10th 2013

RE: Orange private parts. One could always use some kind of device, thus sparing the swimsuit area the orange-ness.

That said, the "hands on" approach is quite effective. Forget the Cheetos.

May 10th 2013

This is true. Who would want to masturbate while eating Cheetos anyway? Seems like two totally different primal needs that would be competing for attention.

May 10th 2013

Sounds like you guys have big plans for tonight.

May 10th 2013

Not as big as your mom's.

May 11th 2013

One could always use some kind of device, thus sparing the swimsuit area the orange-ness.

You eat Cheetos with a device? Fancy.

george

May 26th 2013

Seriously?

I'm 3 episodes in, and it has more than exceeded my expectations.

May 26th 2013

I'm one of the few original Arrested Development fans who was satisfied to let it die when it did (or at least I came to terms with it over the years since, so that I could see where it probably had a limited shelf life anyway). So all this about "new" seasons is okay, but not necessary as far as I feel about it. I loved, loved, loved the original show, but so much has happened since (especially with the whole "parody of a reality show" genre) that I kinda feel like it's like a film series that should've been ended five movies ago, before Lucas decided to really target the kiddie audience and insult the intelligence of diehard fans from the first cycle...

THPJ posted this in another thread. I agree. I liked the ending the series had, but I didn't watch it when it was on... I've seen 3 or 4 of the new ones and it feels like they're trying to cram too much into the series, and on one hand, yeah it's cool that each episode builds on the last, but the first couple were very confusing to me, and the timeline in general still is, and I don't like that they're sort of focusing on each character...there's been one scene with Gob and all he's done has groaned on a couch. Well, he was at the model home in the first one...but it's an ensemble show, and I like, well, practically none of the characters individually...I want to see them all together and interacting, not a dozen scenes with Michael where I'm confused.

May 26th 2013 edited

So, I've finished it. I thought it was actually pretty great. I was 100% prepared to be disappointed, but the thing they did with the unbelievably complex plot made it more and more enjoyable as it went along.

Stray thoughts:

SPOILERS? ONLY KINDA

+It took me a few episodes to get used to how different some of the people looked. Michael Cera has gone from cutely dopey to weirdly chinless in the last few years. Portia di Rossi has lost a bunch of weight & had a fair amount of work done -- and while both fit with the character, it was a little hard to adjust to at first. Jason Bateman has finally started aging. The rest, actually, didn't jar me at all -- I was expecting to be shocked by Jeffrey Tambor & Jessica Walters, but they've both apparently treated themselves well in their older years and look well-preserved.

+I was perturbed by how little George Michael & Maeby there was in the early episodes, but hey, life goes on. And they were always, now that I think about it, relatively minor characters on the show, at least compared to Michael & his parents.

+Alia Shawkat . . . well, she's my kind of lady, now that she's actually a lady. Her voice makes me feel funny in good ways.

+There were a few obvious green-screen moments, but that's life in modern television. It's not as though Lost & BSG & Game of Thrones haven't had those, as well; the only thing that really makes this different is the fact that it's a sitcom.

+I will admit to being irritated by unresolved storylines at the end, though I hope that leaves things open for a movie or a fifth season.

+The Ron Howard storyline kinda didn't do it for me, but I do love Isla Fisher.

+Did anyone catch the Dan Harmon cameo? He had dropped hints about one on his podcast, but he kinda made it sound like he wasn't gonna be in the show, exactly. His acting ability is kinda the inverse of his writing ability, but it squeezed my mind grapes all the same.

+I'm rewatching already. Yes, I'm a loser. Whaddya want from me? My girlfriend is in Minnesota and I'm in Oregon trying to write 8000 words a week.

May 26th 2013

Also!

ANOTHER TINY SPOILER

Kristen Wiig is incredibly good as young Lucille.

May 26th 2013

Just finished, and loved almost every minute of it. Will comment later upon re-watching, but for this:

SPOILER BLAH BLAH

The rest...didn't jar me at all...

Not even Steve Holt? I thought he looked about 45...

May 26th 2013

YEAH, SPOILERS, WHATEVER

Not even Steve Holt?

Oh, I forgot about him. Yeah, that was incredible. To the point that I started Googling around trying to figure out if someone else was playing the part. I'm sure they were doing things to make him look older -- for instance, I'm fairly sure he was wearing a minor fat suit. But he's not the only guy to start losing his hair and look like a totally different dude when he hits 30.

THE OTHER THING: As great as Kristen Wiig was, that's how bad Seth Rogen was. I mean, Seth Rogen in and of himself wasn't bad. The problem was that Wiig was doing an uncanny version of Jessica Walter, while Rogen was doing sort of a suggestion of Jeffrey Tambor. Wiig's version made Rogen's look kind of silly. If they'd had a less giften impressionist doing young Lucille, the young George might not have seemed so out-of-place.

May 26th 2013

Double post.

Five minutes into my re-watch, and I will say this:

SPOILER

I agree that Wiig is great as Lucille, but I hated Seth Rogen as George Sr.

As good as she is, that's how bad he is. And I like Seth Rogen.

May 26th 2013

Oh my god...Jinx and stuff!

May 26th 2013

I'm shooting Cokes through the internet.

May 26th 2013

Sweet!

May 26th 2013

I'm only four episodes in so far, but I'm really enjoying it. Tobias as a MethadOne actor made me laugh. Also, now we know where Brian the boommike guy went.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 50
Top of PageBack to discussions