Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Reality Shows: Music Competiton
1 to 25 of 25
May 10th 2013

Anque thinks one reality tv show thread isn't fair. This one's for music competition shows. Like, American Idol and The Voice. You know, music competition shows.

Blake Shelton, amirite?

(No. No, I'm not. But I know MISS and VG like him.)

May 10th 2013

I wish there was a really good vocal competition show. Like one that taught people how to have a genre and find their voice as an artist and work as a musician? I'd watch that.

May 10th 2013

But there won't be. People like to watch all the William Hungs.

May 10th 2013

That makes me sad. I mean, I like William Hung because the guy has a great time and goes for it and actually, he's got great pitch. He's just poor at the words and he's not 'hot'. I loved his enthusiasm. But if the only way reality shows work is by making us feel better about ourselves because they only get sucky people, then why watch? I already know I'm better than 99.9% of the other people out there. I don't need to watch the Kardashians to know that.

May 10th 2013

I saw him in some movie the other day. It was weird.

No! It was Arrested Development. He was singing in a jury. It was weird, yo.

May 10th 2013

Yep. Like being dressed up in a pointy hat with bells on and parading through every form of pop culture there is. Ugh.

May 10th 2013

The Voice is NOT American Idol/William Hung. It's real people who can really sing, and coaches that, well, coach them as they go through the competition. Nobody sucks, nobody gets made fun of, and most importantly, nobody gets famous for sucking and getting made fun of.

May 10th 2013

Dang, MISS. You want The Voice to have its own thread?

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

May 10th 2013

No, do not do that. I can't be responsible for that kind of willy-nilly thread-making.

And I can't marry it, I'm already married. So there. (Insert tongue-sticking-out-thing here.)

May 10th 2013

Insert tongue here.

Good Lord.

May 10th 2013

Stop it! I need to leave!! Stop being funny!!!

May 10th 2013

I can't be responsible for that kind of willy-nilly thread-making.

See, Toosie? Everyone hates me now. Thanks a lot!

May 10th 2013

You gon' cry in the car? Don't worry about it. Everyone will forget you inspired the threads. My name's under 'em on the homepage.

May 10th 2013

Actually, it's less for the crying location and more for the weeny way of floppily running away because your feelings are hurt while crying.

May 10th 2013

sticking-out-thing

Whoa!

May 10th 2013

The Voice is NOT American Idol/William Hung. It's real people who can really sing, and coaches that, well, coach them as they go through the competition. Nobody sucks, nobody gets made fun of, and most importantly, nobody gets famous for sucking and getting made fun of.

You're right. It is different from the others, which is why I can watch it. I love the supportive approach, and the actual coaching. It's interesting to me to watch the different methods they use. I love the banter between Blake and Adam, and Shakira has really surprised me. I didn't know much about her, but I'm finding her so sweet and kind, and I wasn't expecting that. I like that this year, they're focusing even more on the actual voices, and cutting back on some of the big productions during the performances. One of my favorites this year is Michelle Chamuel. Last year, it was Melanie Martinez. Her performance of Seven Nation Army was awesome.

May 10th 2013

I'm glad. It seemed like a lot of posturing last year. They played up the judges battling more than I liked. So I didn't pick it up this year. I like Shakira. Maybe I can go back and catch up.

May 10th 2013

I have to say--I am so glad Christina is gone. It's a totally different vibe now. She was...kind of a bitch. I do miss Celo though--he was...kind of a perv!

May 10th 2013

I thought so too! About Christina that is. She got on my nerves a little.

May 10th 2013

I'd love to see Shakira stay on and Christina never come back. I can't stand her diva-ness, and I swear, if I hear her talk about being a vocalist one more time, I'm gonna cut a bitch.

May 10th 2013

Also, what was UP with those boobs? They looked like giant oily spheres of lard.

May 11th 2013

Go on . . .

May 11th 2013

(like)

May 28th 2013

I am posting here because last night I endured an episode of The Voice with my wife. It was as awful as watching American Idol.

But I did watch it. If anyone else did and wanted to talk about it, I could talk somewhat intelligently abou tit.

May 28th 2013

I am many episodes behind on The Voice and probably will end up deleting them. I do/did enjoy watching it, though, and can't even begin to compare it with Idol. These people start with talent and just get better. Of course, I gave up on Idol years ago. Maybe it's gotten better?

1 to 25 of 25
Top of PageBack to discussions