Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
My Essay Tribute to The Office: A Final Coming-of-Age
1 to 26 of 26
May 11th 2013

Dear Friends,

It has been some years since I visited this community - back in the day, I dabbled in making Office fanvids and writing Office fanfiction. While those days are somewhat behind me, I have stayed with the show through the years. In this final week, I've written an essay tribute to my own journey with The Office. I hope we can all reminisce together:

NBC's The Office: A Final Coming-of-Age

Yours, proudgirl

May 11th 2013

Awesome, proudgirl. I love it.

May 11th 2013

Thanks for reading, 2' Closer to Copier!

May 11th 2013

I, also, in well, loved that, proudgirl. Nicely done!

May 11th 2013

Haha, thanks Daoust!

May 11th 2013

That was great, Proudgirl, and I do remember you. Your videos, and Becca's (that was the name right?) added a lot to my early enjoyment of the show when just watching episodes wasn't enough.

May 11th 2013

So, your youtube vids are just putting the nostalgia train into high gear, proudgirl. It was already full steam ahead, and now after watching those it's even worse. Those really are great. The matching of the lyrics with moments from the office...mwah!

May 11th 2013

Thanks for reading, Bri! Yes, the other vidder (?) was Becca. I'm glad that in those days, I wasn't the only one who needed a supplement to tide me over between episodes and seasons.

Daoust - nostalgia may lead to low levels of productivity. I would've warned against rewatching those videos all in one sitting, but who am I kidding? I'm flattered. And I also enjoy sharing this nostalgia with you all.

May 11th 2013

Fantastic stuff, proudgirl! I quite enjoyed reading that. Still can't believe it's been nine years.

May 12th 2013

Thanks, LookAtThesePurses!! Trying not to realize that I have aged nine years...

May 12th 2013

What a beautiful tribute, proudgirl. Thanks for sharing!

May 12th 2013

Thanks for reading, Vampiric Germ! I've actually edited the piece quite significantly in the last few hours, so I would encourage folks to check it out again if interested.

May 12th 2013

I need to get to a real computer so I can read it thoroughly and watch all the videos, too. I'm very much looking forward to it. Somebody should shoot me an email with the link. By the time I get to a computer tomorrow night, I might forget because of old.

May 12th 2013

MISSterious, I emailed you with the link as requested! As for being old, I'm gettin' there.

May 12th 2013

Thanks, proudgirl. Can't wait to read it.

May 13th 2013

I just watched the video, it was quite good!

May 13th 2013

Thanks, Jinx! Glad you enjoyed it.

May 14th 2013

Just bringing this thread up for those who missed it.

May 14th 2013

Hey proudgirl, we don't mind you fluffing your thread, or your article, but we also encourage you to do more than just that! Why not stick around for a bit, post in some of the other threads? We'd love to hear your thoughts. Otherwise you might get charged for advertising space. Haha.

May 14th 2013

Will do, Daoust! I plan on a full-scale meltdown in other threads once I wrap up my final papers tomorrow. Can't wait to reminisce with you all.

May 14th 2013

Bring on the meltdown! I'll join you. I just got a really great bottle of wine in which to drown my anxiety.

May 31st 2013

Notice how proudgirl didn't post once outside of this forum. She was totally just pimping here website. I feel used.

May 31st 2013

I'm glad I only read the first draft of the essay and didn't watch the video.

Lazy revenge!

Jun 1st 2013

See, this is why you don't participate and encourage others. It leads to no good.

Jun 1st 2013

Notice how proudgirl didn't post once outside of this forum.

She was busy on the TWOP boards.

Jun 1st 2013

So that's still going on, huh?

1 to 26 of 26
Top of PageBack to discussions