Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
'I can't believe you came!' - The NA Reunion Post-Finale Challenge
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 52
May 17th 2013 edited

could anyone get excited about a challenge? i can certainly understand if not. i am having trouble getting motivated (that's what mumble mumble). let's try casting a wide net with four options.
- kevin owns a bar
- the halperts in texas
- jakey!
- none of the above

Dreamt up by ferd and ably cut and pasted here by me, I bring you the not-so-very-well-thought-out series finale creative challenge. Here are the parameters, which I'm making up as I go along and which should be discussed and adjusted as the group sees fit.
* pick one of the scenarios above or another of your liking
* 250-word limit
* contest starts now and ends Friday, May 24, at midnight
* Top prize is a cameo sometime during season 10 and a sublet on Daoust's house for the summer

So what do y'all think?

May 17th 2013

Can somebody post here? I don't know what this is about and don't have time to read it, but I'll want to....I'm a moron. There's too many white threads and I don't know what to do.

:-)

It's been a long time since the old days.

May 17th 2013

Here as in this thread? I'm curious about it but still freaking out about finishing my last computer science project by tonight so I'm trying not to get distracted.

May 17th 2013

Can somebody post here?

You just did. It's just a contest-like challenge except that it's not really a contest, just a creative writing prompt, really.

May 17th 2013

contest starts now and ends Sunday night at midnight

This Sunday night? That seems...soon.

May 17th 2013

Fixed. See how easy this is?

May 17th 2013

Sweet prize!

May 17th 2013

Fixed. See how easy this is?

Awesomesauce.

Jun 13th 2013

What happened to this? (crickets)

Jun 13th 2013

I know that I personally have not given it a second's thought since.

Jun 13th 2013

I did about as well on this challenge as I did on the last few challenges.

Jun 13th 2013

I know that I personally have not given it a second's thought since.

This is what happened to me. Then I saw this thread up here stickied and I was all, "What the heck is this thread? Clearly I've been here before and I have no idea what it could be." Then I was all, "Oh. Duh. Whoops."

Jun 13th 2013

It got about as much traction as our project to podcast episodes of the Office. Great idea, but not much commitment.

Jun 13th 2013

We should definitely discuss this thread on the next podcast.

Jun 13th 2013

Unstickied.

Jun 13th 2013

I still want to create a vlog (ugh it makes me ill to say that word) with us all chatting about various different topics...from political to scientific to religious. I want to go there with all the serious and taboo stuff with a group of intelligent, moderate individuals who know how to have a serious discussion with grace and maturity.

Also, we should about boobs. And TV shows.

Jun 13th 2013

I'd talk about boobs with you folks. Video or in text. But I don't want to record a video of it. I'd feel weird. Even though I assume google harvests video chat convos in some way... I don't want to record it. :-)

Jun 13th 2013 edited

I don't want to record it. :-)

This is the primary reason why none of these things will ever happen. Everyone is too afraid. Of: exposure, permanence, public speaking, feeling inadequate, etc., etc.

Jun 13th 2013 edited

Also:

Cukaw!

Jun 13th 2013

Now, I'm not afraid of that. :-)

Jun 13th 2013

That's not what a chicken sounds like.

Jun 13th 2013

That gif makes me so happy.

Jun 13th 2013

The other morning, my brother and I were just dancing around, doing terrible impressions of the terrible chicken impressions on Arrested Development.

I think I just realized why my brother doesn't want me talking about him on the internet.

I tell stories like that.

Jun 13th 2013

Aw, your brother doesn't want you talking about him on the internet? Is he afraid the government will hear about his terrible impression of terrible chicken impressions and brand him a chicken terrorist?

Jun 13th 2013

I think he really means facebook. And my tumblr page. And probably any emails ever.

I don't know if he means here.

No, we just have a general rule not to talk about each other. If someone asks one of us about the other, we give a vague, but positive, response and encourage that person to contact the other one.

It's mainly because his friends don't really know me and will make weird assumptions. And I like to tell people about doing chicken dances. So, his friends are supposed to talk to me if they want to get to know me, and my friends aren't supposed to know he dances like a chicken with me.

I think he might not want people to know I like to dance like a chicken, either.

I'm not sure.

Jun 13th 2013

I think he might not want people to know I like to dance like a chicken, either.

Ah ha ha ha. Do you think it's the result of living in a small town amongst all the damaging gossip for as long as you have?

Jun 13th 2013

I think we could live in the largest, most anonymous city on Earth and he wouldn't want people to know we danced like chickens. It's a brother thing, not a small town thing. Or maybe a permanency of the internet thing? He has no problem acting like a freak in public. He just doesn't want people he or I know to know that he acts like a freak in public.

And now I've talked a kind of a lot about my brother. I think you'll have to ask him if you have any more questions. :-)

Jun 13th 2013 edited

HEY TOOSIE'S BROTHER!

WHY DON'T YOU WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE DANCING LIKE THE CHICKEN DANCE IN ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT? WHAT DO YOU THINK IT SAYS ABOUT YOU THAT YOU ARE AFRAID OF?

(I really hate all caps. But I don't think he'll hear me otherwise.)

Jun 13th 2013

I will email him for you. He'll hear it.

Jun 13th 2013

Oh, great. What if I don't want him to know we were talking about him on the internet? Now I'm embarrassed.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 52
Top of PageBack to discussions