Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Thank you guys.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 73 of 73
Jun 10th 2015 edited

Hmm, I wasn't meaning to hold back (do I ever?) I really do think that men and women, ON THE AVERAGE, have different skill sets. That doesn't mean that the best coder EVAH (or auto mechanic) can't be a woman. Just on the average, I usually see guys ripping apart the code or a motor to see how it works. Women just want it to work, and use that computer or car to accomplish other things. This is true ON AVERAGE...as I have a dainty niece who rips apart cars on the weekends.

Now, is that genetic, or is it cultural? I don't know. Probably a bit of both. But I can be a caveman and think that men and women are different, and still promote and encourage both sexes to do anything they want. Computing will be better with women perspectives, just like nursing and child care will be better with male perspectives.

I'm not trying to be outrageous with that last comment...it's just that nursing and child care are "traditional" female jobs that men shouldn't be afraid to sign up for.

Jun 10th 2015

But I can be a caveman and think that men and women are different

Ah ha ha ha! You're not a caveman. We are. But not in terms of mental capacity or competence.

I'm not trying to be outrageous with that last comment.

I got what you meant. I didn't think it was offensive at all, and I agree. Both of those disciplines could use more men.

Jun 10th 2015

You're not a caveman. We are. But not in terms of mental capacity or competence.

Probably in terms of "you're homo erectus", amiright?

rimshot

Jun 10th 2015

a smart and capable mind doesn't require a specific set of genitalia

Mine does.

Jun 10th 2015

Bri's all about genitals.

Jun 10th 2015

Mine does.

Finding hats must be tough.

Jun 11th 2015

Penis! Amiright?

Jun 11th 2015

... so like, condoms?

Jun 16th 2015

Speaking of which (not really), this popped up in my inbox and made me think of you, Anque.

Jun 16th 2015

I've never heard of that college.

Jun 16th 2015

Speaking of which, Vassar chick is all of the annoyings.

Jun 17th 2015

Speaking of which (not really), this popped up in my inbox and made me think of you, Anque.

You are awesome because of Mr. A looking for jobs right now. That was just posted. Now to convince him to apply.

Jun 17th 2015

Nice! Tell him to do it, do it now!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 73 of 73
Top of PageBack to discussions