Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
But then, who would watch my TV? : Other shows Office fans watch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 707
  5. 708
  6. 709
  7. 710
  8. 711
  9. 712
  10. 713
  11. 714
  12. ...
  13. 717
  14. >
21301 to 21330 of 21498
Jan 22nd 2015

I'm almost through the fourth season. If it ended now, I'd say it hasn't fallen off at all, though it's had some ups and downs. I guess I can't complain if the last three seasons don't measure up.

I was thinking about how these shows seem to glorify bad guys and make you root for them as the protagonist by putting them up against even worse people. But I think there's a real effort, probably a lot more subtly, to show how these utterly immoral characters strive for some normalcy and decency and keep falling short of that. I'm not sure I'm ready to say the show's creators do this intentionally or even as more than a secondary point, but it's kind of reassuring that they seem to convey on at least some level that it's not OK that they seem to do all manner of horrible things like they do.

Jan 22nd 2015

Oh, also, Transparent on Amazon and Broad City.

Jan 30th 2015 edited

OK, I have two seasons to go, but I may have to set my SOA binge aside awhile and watch some comedy. I awoke from a terrifying nightmare this morning in which a mobster thought I had stolen his money and sent one of his goons to threaten me at gunpoint. It feels like time for an Office Season 2 rewatch. Or what's a good Parks & Rec season to pull out? Maybe the first one with Rob Lowe and Adam Scott?

Jan 30th 2015

Season 2 or 3 of Parks & Rec are both good for a rewatch.

Jan 30th 2015

Season 2 or 3 of Parks & Rec are both good for a rewatch.

Agreeance.

Jan 30th 2015

Cool. It's either that or Seasons 6-8 of The Office.

Jan 30th 2015

Justified's return was just OK.

Aw, man, I really liked it. Couldn't believe they killed off you know who. The second episode also traumatized me by showing me Sam Elliott without a 'stash. Creeeepeeee.

Jan 30th 2015

I forgot to watch the second one. And The Americans is back too, right? I gotta get my TV shit together.

Jan 30th 2015

It's either that or Seasons 6-8 of The Office.

Self-abuse is a sin.

Jan 31st 2015

It's hard to fathom just how crazy it got. Kathy Bates had a recurring role. There was an unfunny British woman. And Stringer Bell but not Kristen Bell. And that guy from Anchorman 2. I may have dreamt all of that, though. It really ended six episodes into Season 3, right?

Jan 31st 2015

It really ended six episodes into Season 3, right?

Yep, just after Jim returned to Scranton.

Feb 1st 2015

Jack Black was on The Office. Did that really happen?

Feb 1st 2015

Speaking Super Bowl special episodes.

Mar 31st 2015

I don't know if you guys have seen The Last Man on Earth, but I just watched 3 episodes on hulu. I love Will Forte, but his character is not loveable. I love Kristen Schall. Schaal? Hers is. Pretty funny... gonna have to set the tivo for it. Or remember to watch it on hulu.

Also, I saw Catfish this weekend is back on mtv.com. So, new shows!

Terrible new shows, but still. New. :-)

Apr 1st 2015

I don't know if you guys have seen The Last Man on Earth

I've seen it. It reminds me of this place.

Apr 2nd 2015

Zing.

I suddenly have a wealth of shows to watch between Community, Mad Men's return, Justified and The Americans winding down and now, Turn, which I just got hip to in time for its second season. I keep forgetting to watch New Girl. Not sure I'm going to give Last Man on Earth a shot, though.

Apr 2nd 2015

There's so much good TV out there, I'm thinking of hiring someone to watch my TV when I'm busy.

My wife and I had a free night last Friday, so we started binge watching Downton Abbey. We blew through 2 and a half seasons over the weekend. We never do that. This is dangerous...we're realizing there are a lot of good shows out there just a click away.

Apr 2nd 2015

Most of the shows I've been watching have wrapped up, or are about to. Of course, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, and Louie are about to start up again. So there's that.

I've seen 4 episodes of The Last Man On Earth. I haven't decided if I like it enough to keep watching, even with my crush on Kristen Schaal.

Apr 2nd 2015

Last Man on Earth

I think Will Forte's character is Satan. I feel really bad for (kind of) loving him. I might, ok, definitely will keep watching it. :-)

Apr 2nd 2015

I love Will Forte, but his character is not loveable. I love Kristen Schall. Schaal? Hers is. Pretty funny... gonna have to set the tivo for it. Or remember to watch it on hulu.

SPOILER ALERT

The series is just hitting the same note over and over again since January Jones showed up. Forte's character constant whining that he doesn't get to sleep with her has become so annoying that I'm not sure I'll watch any more. I keep hoping that they will correct this and maybe it is just a standard S1 sitcom problem, but it is very hard to watch.

Apr 8th 2015

Turn is phenomenal. Spoiler alert: we win.

Apr 9th 2015

I saw several of those - it was confusing and weirdly fast and slow. Nothing much happened, but they kept talking about stuff that did. Maybe it was the fact that it came on at 10pm on a Sunday, when I was too tired to listen to the plot. (I like zombies.)

Apr 9th 2015

(I like zombies.)

You mean walkers?

Apr 9th 2015

They're people, too!

Apr 9th 2015

Technically, they're not.

Maybe you're just jealous because the entire American Revolution was fought and won in New York with just a tiny bit of help from Connecticut and New Jersey. And France.

Apr 9th 2015

Maybe you're just jealous because the entire American Revolution was fought and won in New York with just a tiny bit of help from Connecticut and New Jersey. And France.

Yeah, and you can only find good bagels and pizza in NYC. We've heard it all before.

Apr 9th 2015

and New Jersey

Colonial Governor Christus Christie shut down a bridge and held up the entire British Army.

And France

They taught us how to retreat, surrender, and make white flags.

Apr 9th 2015

Yeah, and you can only find good bagels and pizza in NYC. We've heard it all before.

You think the British occupied Manhattan for the cronuts?

Apr 9th 2015

We accidentally had several posts today, guys. Should we take the next week off? :-)

Apr 9th 2015

I know I'm worn out.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 707
  5. 708
  6. 709
  7. 710
  8. 711
  9. 712
  10. 713