Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
But then, who would watch my TV? : Other shows Office fans watch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 709
  5. 710
  6. 711
  7. 712
  8. 713
  9. 714
  10. 715
  11. 716
  12. 717
  13. >
21361 to 21390 of 21498
Jun 5th 2015

I loved Sons of Anarchy, in all of its campy, over-the-top ridiculousness, but after watching the series finale (hopeful as it was) I couldn't help but think...

What a bunch of idiots.

Jun 5th 2015

I haven't seen the final season because it's not on Amazon Prime yet, or wasn't the last time I checked.

I watched the Community finale last night. I don't even know what to say. I thought it was incredible. I need to re-watch it tonight because I feel like there were so many great lines. Even more than Jeff, I hope there's a season 7, even if it's just a bunch of interchangeable co-eds.

Jun 5th 2015

When Parks ended, I pretty much closed the book on all of the NBC Thursday comedies. I keep telling myself that I'll watch S6 of Community, but it's probably not gonna happen. I watched all 5 previous seasons, but kinda stopped caring somewhere during S4.

Jun 17th 2015 edited

You guys -

Mr. Robot

It's the first time I've watched a computer-centric movie or television show without being patronized or bored.

It's got a lot of potential and you can see the first episode up there at that link. It's good.

Apparently it was really well received at SXSW this year. I didn't know about that until I looked up reviews after Mr. A and I watched it. Check it out. It won't be a waste of time.

Jul 22nd 2015

Looks good!

Sep 3rd 2015

You guys - Mr. Robot

Um, I have to reiterate this. It is absolutely the most interesting and riveting show to come along since Breaking Bad in my house. It's a non-patronizing hacker show in the style of 12 Monkeys. It's beautifully, masterfully shot. The finale was yesterday and my head is still spinning. I wish Mr. A and I had other smart folks to talk to about it. (hint, hint)

Sep 3rd 2015

Yep. I caught up with the show over the last week so I could catch the finale live. Really great stuff that I think I may have to watch again to look for "things" I missed the first time.

Sep 3rd 2015

I'm absolutely going to do a re-watch now. I'm so incredibly impressed with the way they used the unreliable narrator and how they assume their audiences are smart. It feels good to watch a show like this.

Not only is the writing fantastic, but the set design and costuming and camera-work and sound (the SOUND!) is unlike anything I've felt in a television show. The show could be used for a master craft class in production and film art.

Sep 4th 2015

Smart and unique. Unlike any show on tv right now. Hate I have to wait month's for s2. Watches like a hbo series.

Dec 31st 2015

Have any of you Netflixed Sense 8 yet?

Mr. A and I really enjoyed it, enough for a second watch recently. It's science fiction about people who are connected and can communicate telepathically and the people who hunt them. What is so incredible about it, besides the excellent casting and wonderful story, is the fact that they shoot on location for every location. That includes San Francisco, Chicago, London, Reykjavik, Seoul, Mumbai, Berlin, Nairobi and Mexico City. It is just breathtakingly gorgeous. And the mechanics boggle the mind when you consider that every episode has scenes in every location so they didn't have a single full episode until they got to the last location for shooting. It's an incredible (and likely) singular television feat worth watching.

Also, the German guy is delicious. So there's that.

Heads up, though:

Get through the first couple of episodes. I found that I was personally frustrated by how little information we get in the first episode and had to push myself to the next one.

It's sexually graphic and I don't mean in a Game of Thrones kind of way. The most popular complaint about the show is that it is "in-your-face" with the transgender and homosexual sex, but I think that's mostly because of those same "uncomfortable" feelings that we all just need to get over. One of the creators is transgender and she hired an actual transgender to play the role of the transgender character.

There are also graphic depictions of birth and male nudity, but none of those things seem out of place or forced. They all have a point.

Dec 31st 2015

I really enjoyed Sense8, but I couldn't really describe how the whole thing works. I just knew that I enjoyed all of the main characters and the general feel of the show.

Another show I'd recommend is also on Netflix. It's called The Detectorists. It was written and stars Mackenzie Cook (Gareth of The Office U.K.). It's a comedy about two schlubs in a small, rural town in the U.K. who spend their time looking for treasure with their metal detectors. Not much happens, but it's gentle and funny and the characters and treated with respect even if they are sort of losers. My wife and I both really enjoyed it.

Dec 31st 2015

It's called The Detectorists.

I have been eyeing that. We'll try it out.

I really enjoyed Sense8, but I couldn't really describe how the whole thing works

Me, either. But the characters are so good. Great show.

Jan 2nd 2016 edited

"There are also graphic depictions of birth and male nudity, but none of those things seem out of place or forced. They all have a point"

Yeah. That's kinda just how that organ works.

Jan 3rd 2016

Boink.

Jan 3rd 2016

Another show I'd recommend is also on Netflix. It's called The Detectorists. It was written and stars Mackenzie Cook (Gareth of The Office U.K.). It's a comedy about two schlubs in a small, rural town in the U.K. who spend their time looking for treasure with their metal detectors. Not much happens, but it's gentle and funny and the characters and treated with respect even if they are sort of losers. My wife and I both really enjoyed it.

DC! It was so good. I love the easy, perfect pace and the characters were just wonderful. Very quickly fell in love with the main characters, although I think Larry might be my favorite. We went through them so fast! I wish there were already multiple seasons out. Mackenzie Cook kind of rocks.

Jan 3rd 2016

"There are also graphic depictions of birth and male nudity, but none of those things seem out of place or forced. They all have a point"

Yeah. That's kinda just how that organ works. ...

Boink.

When you see the German dude, that is exactly what happens to me Toos. Well, I guess more "sploosh" a la Pam.

Jan 3rd 2016

I love the easy, perfect pace and the characters were just wonderful.

Glad you liked it and I agree totally with the above. There is a second season and a Christmas special that came out just a couple of months back in the U.K., but haven't made it here yet. I am eagerly awaiting them.

Jan 4th 2016

Has anyone else watched "The Delivery Man" on Netflix? It's only like six half hour episodes or so, you can watch the entire first season in an afternoon. I absolutely love it, and have watched it about four times through. The guys best friend is my favorite part. He's amazingly funny.

Jan 4th 2016 edited

Watching Superstore on NBC, which has an Office-y vibe to it. Not great, but not bad.

Jan 6th 2016

I will check out "The Delivery Man", Asd. I will try and look up "Superstore" too, STT. If they've got some Hulu representation, then I can hook it up.

I've been plowing through episodes of "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" on Netflix at the behest of a theater friend of mine and have not been disappointed. If you like that sort of thing. (murder mysteries) This one is set in 1920's Australia. The show is a lovely look at the style of the 1920s while also being an homage to the feminism of the time. Lots of good female characters and the main character, I was surprised and delighted to see, is not just a female, but an old female (according to Hollywood standards). The actress is 45 in real life. And just perfect for the role.

Jan 6th 2016

She sounds like a grande ol' whore, Anque. Yeah! Suck on that, feminism!!!

Jan 8th 2016

I knew going into Grace & Frankie it was going to be great, but it still blows me away. I'm watching it for like the third time. I really hope Lily Tomlin gets some recognition for her work. Absolutely stellar stuff from her. Ethan Embry is always fantastic, but even more so here. Such a great show.

Jan 11th 2016 edited

Shows I've binged on recently:

The Knick

Orphan Black

Justified

All excellent

Jan 13th 2016

Love me some Justified.

Jan 17th 2016

I enjoyed the Orphan Black for a while, then it fell of my radar. Justified was excellent from beginning to end. Mr. A suggested a rewatch last week.

Been watching Broadchurch. I never saw David Tenant's Dr. Who, which most people know him for, but he's been superb in the things I've seen him in. I really enjoy watching him.

Jan 18th 2016

I'm rewatching Chuck. It wasn't without its flaws, but it was a fun show. More shows should just try to be fun.

Jan 19th 2016

Angie Tribeca was kinda dumb, but somehow I ended up watching 5 episodes last night.

Jan 19th 2016

I tivod the whole thing. I'm sure it'll be stupid, but I'm a moron and plan to watch at least a couple of episodes, even though I don't anticipate liking it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 709
  5. 710
  6. 711
  7. 712
  8. 713
  9. 714
  10. 715
  11. 716
  12. 717