Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
But then, who would watch my TV? : Other shows Office fans watch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 710
  5. 711
  6. 712
  7. 713
  8. 714
  9. 715
  10. 716
  11. 717
  12. 718
  13. >
21391 to 21420 of 21518
Jan 19th 2016 edited

I loved Broadchurch--and David Tenant also makes a very good, really bad guy in Jessica Jones. You should give that a go.

edited because my Markdown skillz have disappeared.

Jan 19th 2016

Oh, and I've also been watching Mr. Robot...not sure how I feel about it yet. I like it, and it's intriguing, but it seems choppy. It's kind of like a cross between Memento and Dexter, if Dexter was committing his acts with a computer.

Jan 21st 2016

Jessica Jones. You should give that a go.

I did. I started watching it because the first couple of episodes are just superb. I kept watching because of David Tenant. Very creepy.

Oh, and I've also been watching Mr. Robot...not sure how I feel about it yet. I like it, and it's intriguing, but it seems choppy.

It felt very much that way through at least half of the series. Of course, I felt like that was the case with Memento too.

Feb 14th 2016 edited

Any thoughts on You, Me and the Apocalypse? I find it slow and unrealistic in the lack of general mayhem. But the casting is good and the premise is interesting. I think it'd make a better sitcom than hour-long show. The reviews look harsh, so it probably will be short-lived. Is it a miniseries, by the way?

Feb 15th 2016

The reviews look harsh, so it probably will be short-lived.

I've seen some good reviews as well, but many say that it should have been a 30 minute show. I have enjoyed it so far by not focusing too much on plausibility.

Is it a miniseries, by the way?

It's a 10 episode miniseries with a possibility of a second season. Sort of your typical British TV series.

Feb 15th 2016

It's a 10 episode miniseries with a possibility of a second season.

There might be a second season in the UK, but it's unlikely to return to NBC, based on the ratings.

Feb 15th 2016

There might be a second season in the UK

Yeah, I was only going on how British series usually work.

Feb 15th 2016

Sort of your typical British TV series.

Does the fact that one portion of the show is set in Slough count as an inside joke? It's kind of cool seeing Pam and Ron in the same scene. Also, I went to Catholic school and never saw a nun who looked like Rob Lowe's counterpart.

Feb 15th 2016

Any thoughts on You, Me and the Apocalypse?

Meh.

Feb 23rd 2016

Has anyone seen Baskets with Zach Galifianakis, and if so, thoughts?

Sep 22nd 2016

Watching a couple of comedies on NBC tonight. It's like 2013 all over again.

Sep 22nd 2016 edited

After Catastrophe, I rewatched The I.T. Crowd and now Arrested Development. I could use a sure thing comedy recommendation.

Sep 22nd 2016

I could use a sure thing comedy recommendation.

The presidential debate is coming up.

Sep 23rd 2016

Amazon has two comedy series that we found pretty good. Fleabag and One Mississippi. Both are sort of "dramedies" in that the subject matter can get pretty heavy (and Fleabag is very raunchy as well), but each had plenty of laughs.

Sep 30th 2016

The Good Place has been very good so far -- stars Kristen Bell, one of my favorite actors, and was created by Mike Schur, who I assume we're all familiar with.

Sep 30th 2016

The presidential debate is coming up.

Nice.

The Good Place has been very good so far -- stars Kristen Bell, one of my favorite actors, and was created by Mike Schur, who I assume we're all familiar with.

Seconded! I enjoy the KB.

Sep 30th 2016

Google remembered my password for me!

I don't remember how to do any of the things.

I watched the presidential debate. It was hilarious in a terrifying way.

Sep 30th 2016

Yes, it was. Randy Rainbow got me through the aftermath though.

Sep 30th 2016

I don't know enough about British history to understand how much of Secrets of Great British Castles (on Netflix) is fluff and how much has real meat to it, but Mr. A and I are thoroughly enjoying it this evening.

Oct 1st 2016

I don't know enough about British history to understand how much of Secrets of Great British Castles (on Netflix) is fluff and how much has real meat to it

I've watched that as well and enjoyed it. Another good new show this year is Donald Glover's Atlanta. It's comedyish, but takes place in a setting that doesn't get shown on TV much.

Oct 1st 2016

I am hooked on Shameless, both the UK and the US versions. Also, am I going to be the first one to mention the badass Stranger Things on this thread??

Oct 1st 2016

Also, am I going to be the first one to mention the badass Stranger Things on this thread??

So. Good.

Oct 1st 2016 edited

So. Good.

Yep. Also, S2 of The Detectorists has just been released on Netflix. I highly recommend this series.

Oct 1st 2016

The Detectorists

Mr. A and I watched this at your recommendation last year! It was lovely.

Oct 1st 2016

We just binged on all seven episodes of the second season. Still great.

Oct 26th 2016

I have three episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on the dvr, that I haven't gotten around to watching yet. Maybe I'm done with it.

Oct 27th 2016

The first couple of this season were weird. But, now it seems like they're back to the formula.

Oct 27th 2016

I forgot it was a show. New Girl too.

Oct 29th 2016

I finished Shameless and now I'm having a slump. I need a new series to binge on. I prefer comedies or dramedies. Historical dramas are good, too. I have Netflix and Hulu. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Oct 31st 2016

If you have Amazon Prime, you need to check out the series Goliath, STAT. And STAT means now.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 710
  5. 711
  6. 712
  7. 713
  8. 714
  9. 715
  10. 716
  11. 717
  12. 718