Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
But then, who would watch my TV? : Other shows Office fans watch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 708
  5. 709
  6. 710
  7. 711
  8. 712
  9. 713
  10. 714
  11. 715
  12. 716
  13. >
21421 to 21450 of 21451
Oct 31st 2016

Catastrophe and Fleabag are two raunchy Amazon comedies that are also very funny.

Nov 1st 2016

I guess I'm missing out. We don't have Amazon, at least not now. We'll have to see. Money is tight these days and sometimes Mr. Bubble threatens to cancel Hulu or Netflix, but somehow we manage. He loves his anime too much to really follow through. Bubble Boy is home this quarter so he is expensive to feed.

I am watching North & South now.

Nov 4th 2016

bwc, Have you seen Call the Midwife? It's a lovely story that follows midwives in London after the Second World War, as women's medicine makes a big shift.

Nov 4th 2016

I'll check it out. Thanks, Anque. I am now watching The Crown, which Netflix just released today. I'm almost halfway through the series. It's about the early years of Queen Elizabeth II's reign.

Nov 17th 2016

I just keep watching old episodes of Archer.

Nov 17th 2016

Archer is so funny. I still haven't watched the most recent season. It's one of the few things that Mr. A likes enough to forgo the usual I-won't-watch-it-until-my-spouse-can-watch-it-with-me rule when we both like stuff.

Feb 25th 2017

Okay. Current TV love affairs:

• Legion - Oh man, this is so beautiful. There's only three episodes out so far, but the visuals alone are enough to recommend it.
  • This Is Us - Yes, the weepy show. It is delicious television where some of the people seem like real people and they always end up doing the right thing. It's a bit of healing for the soul in times where a lot of people are being really shitty to one another.
  • Gumball - Because children. And hilarious. It's a bit manic, but damn if I don't find myself laughing out loud several times an episode.
  • TrollHunters - Also because children. AND because excellent voice actors. But mostly because Guillermo Del Toro. He wrote a cool, darkish children's story and it's well-done.

...to be continued

Feb 25th 2017

Legion is incredible.

Feb 25th 2017

I imagine there's going to come to be a cliché about Legion and how it's the only superhero show that people who don't like superheroes will watch, but that's where I am. I've been at the point of feeling oversaturated by MCU stuff since, I don't know, 2010, but I really like Legion.

Feb 25th 2017

What else do I watch? I fall asleep watching Archer most nights. Apparently my brother was in the neighborhood and needed to pee and came into my apartment last night and found me sound asleep with season 3 of Archer playing on my computer next to the bed.

Feb 25th 2017 edited

I really like Legion.

Me, too. It's dark and sad and I feeling that lately.

Feb 25th 2017

Yeah, but simultaneously it's so loopy and beautiful. That dance sequence in the pilot was AWESOME. I hadn't seen any of the trailers so my head almost exploded when that started happening.

Feb 25th 2017 edited

Oh, absolutely. Also, I had Dan Stevens pegged as a one-noter, but he's not. And it's compelling.

Feb 25th 2017

Yeah. I felt like his accent was a little rough in the pilot, but it's gotten way better, too.

Feb 25th 2017

Huh. I didn't think about the fact that he was having to put one on.

Feb 25th 2017

I've become very attuned to the way Brits have a tendency to growl or mumble when doing US accents. The pronunciation is often perfect, but the intonation is weird. I guess it has to do with how little of our vocal range we use here.

Feb 25th 2017

I'm enjoying Rachel Keller, the actress that plays Syd. She was good in last year's Fargo and also here.

Feb 25th 2017

She was good in last year's Fargo and also here.

She is so interestingly perfectly portioned. I also love watching Aubrey Plaza.

Feb 26th 2017

I love Rachel Keller. That's . . . that's what I have to say about that.

Feb 27th 2017

We have been watching This is Us too, and I really like the whole time jumping around thing. It's different.

However, I'm sad that they SPOILER ALERT just killed off the character I liked the most. And it was weird that he was gay for two episodes and then never mentioned it again, and it didn't mean anything to the character's story. It's like they just were required to have a gay character or something.

Also, we're getting annoyed with the...hmm...fat chick. Sorry, too lazy to look up her name. That guy she is with is pretty cool, and she keeps trying to screw it up.

And Kevin...I know he is supposed to be shallow and vapid, but sometimes he's just a little too much so.

Feb 27th 2017

And it was weird that he was gay for two episodes and then never mentioned it again, and it didn't mean anything to the character's story.

I don't watch this show, but I'm cool with this. I know gay people IRL who, you know, their gayness doesn't add anything to their story. I don't like when every person is a stereotype, is what I'm saying.

Feb 27th 2017

It was kind of a Pam playing volleyball moment. Needed for a certain storyline, then dropped.

Feb 27th 2017

I had a gross reply, but I'm a lady.

Feb 27th 2017

Superstore - Closest thing to The Office you'll find on tv right now.

Feb 27th 2017

Pam was a gay cheerleader?

However, I'm sad that they SPOILER ALERT just killed off the character I liked the most.

I couldn't wait for him to die. Is that wrong? I wish he took Kevin and Kate with him. I love every scene with Peter Petrelli and Walk to Remember girl, though. Wait until she finds out he can fly.

Feb 27th 2017

Did you just make a Heroes reference? I will hunt you down and make you regret that!

Feb 28th 2017

It was either that or a Studio 60 reference. Just kidding. No one would get that. Not even Chandler.

Feb 28th 2017

I wish he took Kevin and Kate with him.

Feb 28th 2017

It was either that or a Studio 60 reference. Just kidding. No one would get that.

Excuse me while I talk like a dolphin.

Mar 1st 2017

It's like they just were required to have a gay character or something.

More just like his gayness is just a small part of him and not even necessarily anywhere near the biggest or most important parts. Which is like most gay people I know, anyway. And they get aggravated with media portrayal of their sexuality as the most defining thing about them, too. They probably appreciate stuff like this. It normalizes gayness in a good way. In other words, this:

I know gay people IRL who, you know, their gayness doesn't add anything to their story. I don't like when every person is a stereotype, is what I'm saying.

Toosie Talks Truth. Could be a show. Trademark it, girl!

That guy she is with is pretty cool, and she keeps trying to screw it up.

That whole bit where Kate was walking up to the door of the a-hole guy and the show was trying to will-she-wont-she aggravated the b-doodoo out of me. I hate that. But I'm glad she was making a good choice.

Kevin is definitely the weirdest character for me. Like...his whole life has been a lot of self-absorbed vanity, with scattered days of occasional 'sunshine' in the form of awareness and caring of other people. He's not very consistent at all. I guess they do that with Kate from time to time, too. The utter inconsistency thing.

It does make me wonder (and doubt) my feelings of consistency about myself, though. Maybe we're all like that to some degree?

Also,

I had a gross reply, but I'm a lady.

Boooooooo!

I love every scene with Peter Petrelli and Walk to Remember girl, though. Wait until she finds out he can fly.

HaHaHaHa and LOVE (FB Emoticons)..also I hate that I have to choose one thing. Can't I feel many ways about something?

Studio 60 reference. Just kidding. No one would get that.

Shut your dirty whore mouth, Ilikedthatshow!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 708
  5. 709
  6. 710
  7. 711
  8. 712
  9. 713
  10. 714
  11. 715
  12. 716