Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
But then, who would watch my TV? : Other shows Office fans watch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 708
  5. 709
  6. 710
  7. 711
  8. 712
  9. 713
  10. 714
  11. 715
  12. 716
  13. >
21451 to 21477 of 21477
Mar 1st 2017

Wait, it was a real show? I was sure I made it up. Like Andy Barker, P.I..

Jun 16th 2017

SO. I feel like the show I would have been trying to get you all to watch for the last few years if we were still doing this very often is The Leftovers. It's based on a Tom Perotta novel, but it's really the child of the manic genius of Damon Lindelhof, late of Lost. It seems like he learned a lot of lessons from Lost, because he avoided most of the pitfalls that show fell into.

The first season is a little dank and depressing, if well-acted. But the last two seasons are amazing, loopy, beautiful, sometimes funny, with both serious and hilarious discussions of faith, skepticism, love, loss, etc. And Carrie Coon, the female lead on the show, is now my favorite actor. She's also the female lead of this year's Fargo, and was in . . . Gone Girl? I think? Anyway, she's that rare actress who is suddenly becoming well-known in her late 30s (she's my age) instead of when she was a young waif. And she is EXPLOSIVE. It's kind of unreal how good she is, especially in the third (and last) season.

Jun 18th 2017

I am starting a The Leftovers binge just now. I tried the pilot a few years back, but it was so grim I couldn't go on. Sepinwall's reviews made me try again.

Jun 19th 2017

I gave up on that show after the 2nd season. Perhaps I need to look at it again.

Jun 19th 2017

The last season is only 8 episodes so there isn't much more for you watch.

Jun 19th 2017

Cut the cable cord about 6 months ago, but I just subscribed to HBO Now, specifically for Game Of Thrones and the final season of The Leftovers. Halfway through.

Jun 19th 2017

I gave up on that show after the 2nd season. Perhaps I need to look at it again.

The third season is so good. So, so, so good.

Jun 21st 2017

We're really enjoying Flaked and Raising Hope, which are both hilarious! We thought we knew everything that was on Netflix. There are 4 seasons of Hope and that is just the greatest thing ever, that we still have almost 3 left to watch. It's demented and star-studded and makes me cackle every episode.

Jun 21st 2017

I love Raising Hope. It's a great show.

Jun 22nd 2017

Leftovers was awesome. Fargo was very good but S2 was better. American Gods was pretty good. Snowfall looks like it will be good.

Jun 23rd 2017

Raising Hope is one of those hidden gem shows -- it was never a big hit, and though critics liked it, it wasn't making end-of-year lists or anything. But it was just a sweet, funny, cartoony show with a bunch of really good actors on it. I was glad to see Garrett Dillahunt get a chance to be in something that didn't immediately get cancelled.

Jun 24th 2017

Leftovers was amazing. I will miss this weird little show.

Give Carrie Coon all the awards.

Jun 27th 2017

Carrie Coon is currently my favorite actor.

Jun 27th 2017

Her scene at the end of Fargo was fantastic.

Jul 8th 2017

We are watching Jane the Virgin at the Bubble house. We are basically living in the past via Netflix at this point. Broadcast TV = football.

Love Jane!

Jul 18th 2017

Just finished the last season of Orange Is The New Black. That was a slog.

Jul 21st 2017

Yep, Leftovers. Currently on the 3rd season.

Aug 20th 2017

Atypical-- we ate it up. Funny, cringe-inducing, sad, and more funny. We are also enjoying This Is Us.

Aug 29th 2017

Disjointed! If you like or ever liked the marijuanas or Kathy Bates.

Sep 7th 2017 edited

The Good Place," Michael Schur's project, is on Netflix. It's got Kristen Bell and Ted Danson and I like it so far (only three episodes in).

Sep 18th 2017

It's a great show.

Sep 19th 2017

Yeah, with The Good Place, Superstore, and Great News, I'm back to watching NBC on Thursday nights.

Sep 26th 2017

The Good Place is fantastic. (Especially after that first season ender.) We're really loving Schitt's Creek, too. I've been drawing it out. Eugene Levy's son is hilarious.

We tried Disjointed but couldn't make it very far. That damn laugh track kills me every time.

Sep 27th 2017

I find The Good Place fun, but I don't have the patience for such elaborate setups and premises where there are lots of rules popping up about how things work. I get it, it's that kind of show. Kristen Bell is great, and Ted Danson exceeds expectations. Actually, his work on Curb should have raised my expectations. He's a funny guy, and the ethicist soulmate and British neighbor are good. I despise the Buddhist monk since his reveal in the fourth or fifth episode. Actually my favorite parts are the flashbacks to the characters' lives. That's really kind of interesting to me seeing them reflect on their life-changing or character-defining moments. It's also interesting to me that Mike Schur's vision of the afterlife is pretty much like regular life, problematic and imperfect with little known about the universe's greater forces and only occasional brushes of the supernatural. For instance, I would like a full cell phone battery ice cream cone, but I would not like a sinkhole into hell to open in my local bistro and force me to stay home for a week. Six out of 10.

Oct 7th 2017

Make that 7.5/10.

Especially after that first season ender.

I didn't love it, but I didn't foresee it either.

I'm not in love with Chidi, but I think I too have a thing for Tehani.

Oct 20th 2017

We tried Disjointed but couldn't make it very far. That damn laugh track kills me every time.

I lasted five minutes and bailed because of the laugh track. It was like they put it on random shuffle.

Sundance has an Australian series called Rosehaven that we are enjoying a lot.

Nov 3rd 2017

I didn't love it, but I didn't foresee it either.

Fantastic might have been overselling it. Also, my blind love of Kristen Bell might be clouding my meter.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 708
  5. 709
  6. 710
  7. 711
  8. 712
  9. 713
  10. 714
  11. 715
  12. 716