Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
But then, who would watch my TV? : Other shows Office fans watch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719
  13. >
21541 to 21567 of 21567
Mar 1st 2019

Since I last wrote I have now rewatched the first three seasons of Community. The first 2 1/4 seasons of this show I thought were excellent. The last 3/4 of s3 was a steep descent into garbagetown (not including the law and order episode. That was very well done). Having the benefit of hindsight, we now know a lot more about what was going on behind the scenes at the time, with Harmon and his troubles with alcohol and his generally being a tyrant. But regardless the first couple seasons were really fun to watch. It's a really funny, really talented cast. (On the first watch back in the day I am quite sure I overlooked how talented Glover was, but second time around it's clear to see he's a real gem). I think the writing was excellent. And while some balked at the goofiness or implausibility or lack of character development in some of the episodes, I think y'all were being too critical.

I don't think I'll rewatch S4-6. I don't think I have watched many or any of the last two seasons anyway, and I've not read much good about them, so I think this will be a good place to stop.

Mar 4th 2019 edited

I don't think I'll rewatch S4-6. I don't think I have watched many or any of the last two seasons anyway, and I've not read much good about them, so I think this will be a good place to stop.

Having watched the entire series recently (having bailed initially after Season 3), this is the correct decision.

Mar 5th 2019

Has anyone watched Good Girls with Retta, Mae Whitman, and Christina Hendricks? I've just started the first season. It's a totally improbable premise, but it's sort of fun.

Mar 12th 2019

I recently watched S6 of Community. It was...adequate. Too many of the regulars are gone and the replacements don't have any real spark. It's better than the non-Harmon season, but that is a low bar.

Mar 13th 2019

There were 4th, 5th, and 6th seasons? I must’ve been living in an alternate timeline.

Mar 14th 2019

There were 4th, 5th, and 6th seasons? I must’ve been living in an alternate timeline

They were comparable in quality to seasons 11 and 12 of The Office, so you didn't miss much.

Mar 16th 2019

May 5th 2019

HEY GUYS!!!!!! Just thought I'd come over and see if the site was still active. There's a few of you still here and now I'm all excited. Reminiscing all of our good times in conversation and Haiku's.

I've watched a few series since TO. Of course, Breaking Bad which was excellent, now waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul to be released on Netflix. I also love This Is Us and Sneaky Pete.

I know a ton of people watch This Is Us but is anybody here watching Sneaky Pete? I love it. It's free on Prime Video from Amazon. Technically free; you do have to be a Prime member, then it's free. Start with Season 1, episode 1, because they're not stand alone episodes. You'll be lost if you don't start from the beginning. Season one and two are up and season three should be released any day now, so if you like it you can have a good binge.

You guys, I miss you all! I do want to come back. I know this site isn't too active but from what I can tell, some of you check in now and then.

I am Leaving on a cruise tomorrow so I will be offline for the next 10 days. Don't want to pay for the internet package. You can still comment on my post (Pleeease) cuz I will check in when I return.

I just want to hear from you guys. Miss you all.

May 6th 2019

I've watched a few series since TO.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, good to see you. Also also, if anyone didn't watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, the whole series is now on Netflix and is well worth a watch.

May 7th 2019

I watched the first episode of Dead to Me on Netflix last night. It stars Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini. Exciting reveal at the end of the first episode!

May 8th 2019

Nerfy Life, the whole series is just really great. Keep watching.

May 8th 2019

I find it really cool that we have been recently visited by classic alums VG, Nerfy, the bone and TO101 (Hi TO! So good to hear from you again!). Good to hear from you all again.

May 11th 2019

And now to round it all out, Me!!!

I’ve never seen Game of Thrones and have only watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad. I have, however watched - as recently as last night - every episode of The Wire 92 times apiece.

Hi, TO!

May 13th 2019

And now to round it all out, Me!!!

Which one is Bri?

May 13th 2019

Hey! This place is still standing, open, and it even let me in. I'm watching an Office rerun and thought I'd check to see. Good to read old friends. Many, many laughs still echo here - can you hear them? - and I realize I miss spending time at NA. Many of you I can see on FB but many I've lost touch with.

Staying on topic, I don't watch GoT, nor anything else, really. When TO started to tank in later seasons so did my general interest in tv. But Pam visiting Jim's bedroom and yearbook, which I'm seeing again now... magic. I loved this show. And playing with y'all here. The best site of all the sites, and the wittiest collection of humans I've encountered.

May 15th 2019

...said the person who first welcomed me here. Looking back and taking lots of experiences into account, I would say this place was the high water mark of the Internet for me. It’s kind of been downhill for a while since. Sorry, Internet.

May 16th 2019

I think Bri and Internet could both do better.

May 19th 2019

Glad to see you're still a Mod here, Bri. Keeping the riff raff out. Wait - in. Hey, Jinx. You need to Facebook more.

Jun 10th 2019

You guys. Letterkenny is delicious. Right up most of this crew’s alley. I won’t say more than that. Give it a chance if you haven’t.

Also, Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a master class in writing. I know it won’t be for everyone here, but Fleabag is brilliant. Funny, fast, witty, and gut-wrenching. A beautiful look at one of the many faces of grief. Also, Olivia Colman as a super villain! Just finished Season 2 (the final season). I’m letting it settle before I go in for a rewatch. So. Good.

We’re trying to put our HBO subscription to good use. (The last season of GOT was...a travesty of wasted character building and a waste of my time and money as well as...well, I’m still having issues with this, clearly. Moving on.) Season 1 of Barry has been fun.

And, because cast, Big Little Lies. Not a show I’d normally watch, but it’s actually really good. Not a comedy, though. Very good female driven show and probably one of the rawest depictions of the psychological complexities of domestic abuse I’ve ever seen. Implausible end of Season plot twist, but I’ll go there for the fantastic cast.

Jun 10th 2019

Letterkenny is delicious.

We watched the first episode, but turned on Cheers when it ended, rather than the second one.

We've been watching Cheers, but just now got to Season 5.

Jun 10th 2019

Eh...most of the crew. Well, many of them. Well, a couple of you guys will like it.

Jun 20th 2019

I know it won’t be for everyone here, but Fleabag is brilliant.

Very true.

Aug 19th 2019

Derry Girls is a fun ride*. You may have to use your closed captioning though since it the Irish accents are very real.

*this is Irish slang for a good time

Aug 20th 2019

I had heard of that show, but haven't watched it. I'm glad you like it. :-D

Aug 27th 2019

Derry Girls is a fun ride.

Mr. A and I have really been enjoying this series. We love strong genuine accents and this is really serving up some lovely stuff.

Aug 28th 2019

I just watched Chapelle’s Sticks and Stones. It’s really offensive. To everyone. Ever. And funny.

Aug 29th 2019 edited

I think David turned that on last night, but I was pretty against watching it. Maybe I'll go in the other room tonight and he can have another shot at it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719