Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
But then, who would watch my TV? : Other shows Office fans watch
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 712
  5. 713
  6. 714
  7. 715
  8. 716
  9. 717
  10. 718
  11. 719
  12. 720
  13. >
21571 to 21583 of 21583
Jun 22nd 2020

Hey everybody!

Shows I've watched in the last several months that I really liked (all are on Netflix):

After Life: Ricky Gervais plays a man mourning his wife. A dark comedy with lots of British swear words. Heartbreaking and touching.

Never Have I Ever: Mindy Kaling produced show about a teenage Indian-American girl. Mindy does not appear, but Angela Kinsey has a small role.

I Am Not Okay With This: young girl with supernatural powers. Another dark comedy.

The End of the Fcking World*: another dark comedy! It's a wild ride.

Atypical: This one's been out for awhile, just now finding it. It's about an 18 year old who is on the autism spectrum who wants a girlfriend, but it's about so much more. Jennifer Jason Leigh plays his overbearing mother, and that guy who was the cop who dated Phoebe on Friends is the dad.

Nov 3rd 2020

Nerfy, those are all excellent recommendations.

Nov 3rd 2020

Now I'm watching The Queen's Gambit. It's about chess, but pretty good.

Does anyone want to discuss Schitt's Creek? I didn't love the last season until the last episode or two.

Nov 3rd 2020

I just finished the fifth season, so I haven't watched the last one yet. I have to admit that, though I love the show, David occasionally gets on my nerves.

Nov 3rd 2020

His self absorption can be grating at times, but the show was perfect for us in March and April. I thought it got better each season.

Nov 3rd 2020

I just love the whole family. The actors are superb. Daniel Levy is lovely. And Catherine...I just...she's so perfect. The biggest issues I ever run into are holding my breath through the gross mayor scenes. That actor is fantastic as well, but bleh.

I have not watched the last season. But I also still haven't watched the last season of Parks & Rec. I don't know why. If I save it...there will always be something good to watch? I dunno. A weird form of TV anxiety.

Nov 3rd 2020

Back when we were both probably too young to be watching late night TV, Chris Elliot (Roland Schitt) was a regular on Letterman's first show, which resulted in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcXuaZwqUzA

(I don't remember how to link anymore)

Nov 11th 2020

I rank Schitt's Creek all the way up there with Breaking Bad on the list of top shows I made it through three episodes of before losing interest.

Nov 16th 2020

For what it's worth, the first season is the least-good.

Nov 16th 2020

With both shows, now that I think about it.

Nov 24th 2020

We've fouind Schitt's Creek and The Great British Bake Off to be the perfect COVID television.

Dec 21st 2020

We loved Schitt's Creek.

Anyone see #blackAF? Kenya Barris is crazy. He's been trying to tell stories about his family and the Black experience through several shows. I think kowtowing to White feelings has gotten in his way. No such issues with this iteration. If you like Black-ish you will love this show. Rashida Jones plays his wife and the both of them are really good at playing self-centered douche canoes raising a family of equally self-centered crumb-snatchers.

How about Mandalorian? The final episode of season 2 came out over the weekend and it was a hot topic of conversation! I saw the first (last?) 3 Star Wars movies when they came out in the olden times, and then I tried to watch the new (prequel) movies in the 90s but one problematic Binks, comma, Jar-Jar made that a one-trick pony for me. There's no escaping the franchise but I hadn't felt the thrill of it since I was a kid. This series pulled me back in to the Star Wars universe. It plays like a Western, and right when I was going to get bored of the constantly-helmeted, flat-affect-having Mando and ditch it, they pulled me back in with a Baby friggin' Yoda. That was a year ago and this past season did not disappoint. Without Baby Yoda (name withheld), I wouldn't watch this, so it's going to be interesting to see what they do next season. Baby Yoda left with Someone Very Important at the end of this season and that's where we are at for now.

How about period dramas? I liked The Spanish Princess and of course The Crown. I just saw a commercial for something fancy coming to Netflix on Christmas but I forgot what it's called. It looked like it was right up my costume drama alley.

Dec 22nd 2020

I want to see Mandolorian, but I don't want to sign up for another streaming service. Now that S2 is complete, maybe I'll do the free trial and cancel bit.

Xfinity just got the HBO Max app so we have been catching up shows like The Flight Attendant (good murder mystery) and John Oliver.

I think the Netflix show is called Bridgerton maybe?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 712
  5. 713
  6. 714
  7. 715
  8. 716
  9. 717
  10. 718
  11. 719
  12. 720